View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 08:58 AM   #126
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney View Post
If WWE never cleared him by the end of his contract, I'm sure he would have. I'm more convinced after his speech on Smackdown.

Getting cleared by WWE was the ultimate goal, but he could have also thought that spending a year on the indies and being fine could have been a path back to WWE had this not all happened.
People say that, and there's no way to prove or disprove it -- we're talking strictly hypothetical situations. But with his wife's brand to think about and his daughter, I think he would have accepted a new WWE deal to be a trainer, occasionally appear on the air, do a Hall of Fame thing, be a talking head and be in their video games. I'm not discounting the dude's passion, but I think the deal he would have gotten would have just eclipsed anything else he could have done, and the stank of him not being cleared by the WWE would have followed him, at least a little.

It wouldn't surprise me if contract negotiations greased some wheels and convinced the WWE to look at things again, but I just don't think he would have left seven figures on the table to go and take bumps in Mexico and ruin his wife's show and all that sort of stuff.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote