View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 03:06 AM   #2566
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Night in the woods

Was hesitant to buy another "interactive story" game after gone home left me feeling ripped off, but I'm glad I did because this has kept me thoroughly entertained. It's much longer with a lot more to do than gone home. Though I am exploring and talking to everyone each day.

I don't even know how to describe genre of the story. It's got a bit of everything. Comedy, drama, horror, mystery, existensialism. It gets real, it gets deep, and it gets dark, and its executed really well.

Your character is also kind of an asshole. Like not a full on dick, but a socially awkward person who can be selfish and inconsiderate. This makes dialogue options a lot more interesting. So many games these days have the whole "play the way you want" dialogue tree thing, but none of it feels like it means anything. But Night in the woods is like "OK so you don't get to be the white knight paragon in this game. Here's two options that are both awful/ignorant. Time to nut up and be a dick, kid."

And it's more effective than anything in other games with dialogue options. This game made me feel guilty over what I made my cartoon cat person say to her cartoon cat mom. You don't get that from mass effect folks.

So yeah. Great game so far. Hope the payoff is good. Whole bunch of intrigueing plotlines thus far.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote