View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 10:21 PM   #73
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
To break my gimmick for a second: I do honestly believe that he will sign with Vince again and just ride that company dry while they're just happy to have a man in the house. I think he'll jump over to SmackDown after Mania and do stuff with AJ Styles and maybe even Shinsuke Nakamura, Rusev, The New Day, etc. It'll be like a fresh playground. They won't feel the need to put the belt on him again for a little while, but maybe they do, whatever. I fully expect that.

But if Paul Heyman hasn't looked at what Chris Jericho has done in New Japan and stroked his chin and said "Interesting..." I'd be absolutely shocked. If Heyman does not get on the phone to New Japan and people in Sinclair and say "Brock's fee is (x), you work out how you want to split that up between you, then Brock will get your PPV buys and subs up," I'd wonder why Brock even keeps him around. Doesn't mean he'll take it, doesn't mean they'll even make it. But Brock's contract is coming up this year. You don't go into negotiations armed with nothing but a smile and a "please."

Brock would only work the big shows in New Japan. You're talking about 8-10 shows a year, should they decide to use him for the ROH crossovers. In WWE in 2017, he worked 14 times, and also had to fly into random TVs. Let's say New Japan can only offer him $2 million, and he's earning $12 million in the WWE (that's what Forbes listed for 2016, but that may not be correct). That probably averages out to $500,000 a performance, when you include television. Brock would probably get $250,000 a performance in New Japan. It's half the amount, sure, but he might like the work twice as much, too.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote