View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #118
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRA View Post
I've always been curious as to why you guys still have the royal family I mean they're basically Rich important for no reason unless it's like socialites here who are also rich and important for no reason
I'm not entirely sure but in a nutshell.

Money.

They're very good for tourism so I'm assuming that's one of the reasons.

On a more serious note however, The Royal Family are also good influential roles on the world stage for The United Kingdom when it comes to certain areas. Prince Charles has his nature and so on and Prince's William and Harry have mental health as their main thing but they can also reach a lot of young people and that's something the rest of The Royal Family really can't do.

The Royal Family can get through to people that our Prime Ministers can't. The Queen has a lost of respect around the world and she's a very influential figure. We also respect The Queen ourself and see her as this dear sweet old lady.

I think once she's not around anymore, views here about The Royal Family will change, as I'm sure it will around The Commonwealth. Even Australia has played with the idea of dropping The Royal Family and becoming a republic after The Queen's not here anymore.

Nobody really cares that much about Prince Charles really, but a lot of people do really like Prince's William and Harry, so for some nations of The Commonwealth, it'll be a case of "Do we soldier on through Charles' reign as we know the good times are ahead with William (and Harry), or do we use The Queen's passing as a starting point for a new beginning for our country?".
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote