View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 10:09 AM   #4
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
fwiw I think the current era of film is terrible. Maybe the worst. Everything is so routine and formulaic. Super hero movies are fun but fucks sake there are just way too many of them and they dominate all major releases. This is the era of needless reboots and unnecessary sequels that are never as good as the original even when you put nostalgia aside. I'd say this is a very fun era for movies, which is a good thing, but the quality compared to previous eras isn't the same.

And like 98% of horror movies in this era are HORRIBLE.

In terms of best eras, that's hard. The 70's were amazing but...I just have a soft spot for the 80's/90's, even stretching into the early 2000's. Probably because that's when I was growing up and a lot of the all time great youth movies came out in that time. Movies I can still watch right now. The action movies in the 90s were in a league of their own imo as well. And comedy really started taking off for me in the 90s too, at least for a few years until most comedies became generic romcoms or so overly stupid that you weren't laughing because it was funny, you were laughing because of how unbelievably dumb it was.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote