View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #20
Swiss Ultimate
Amazon Affiliate

Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I asked you for a real reason and you gave me, "Brock's part time" and "I really love the streak"

Seriously, those are weak arguments.

As for "what harm would that do?" None. I never said Undertaker retiring undefeated at Mania would do anything. It'd probably bore me and I think it'd be a wasted opportunity, but yeah, it's not going to hurt the company.

Again, the idea that "nobody" deserves to end the streak is pure garbage. This isn't a transfer of power, this is a heat generator. The fact that you talk about it like this proves that beyond any doubt. You're the type of guy who would scream at his TV if Brock Lesnar ends the streak and guess what, you're anger is what is good for business.

When fans screamed at their TVs when Hogan joined the nWo they ended up paying money to see WCW live, they bought the merchandise, they got incredibly passionate about the product and watched more consistently. When fans screamed at their TV after the screwjob, it was good for business, when fans were utterly pissed off by Nash ending Goldberg's streak it was good for business (for a while at least).

That said, you don't know Lesnar's contract details. For all you know he'll go back full-time after defeating Undertaker. Let's also stop kidding around here. Brock Lesnar on drugs? He's no Jeff Hardy, he's an incredibly reliable and discipline man who tends to deliver big.

My scenario would work great because it would place much of the heat onto CM Punk who would be able to use it perfectly to put over the future of the WWE.

The best possible chain of events for story line purposes is for CM Punk to turn heel and help Heyman and Lesnar end the streak together. That way super-hot Babyface Bryan can have a series of amazing matches with his nemesis CM Punk over the course of the next year. Brock Lesnar on the other hand, even part-time, can be used to put over all sorts of guys. If the WWE was going to give the honor of defeating the streak to anyone it would be to these guys who could do the most with it.

Give Bryan his big win at Wrestlemania, making him a fighting champ, with the Authority pretending his victories at Wrestlemania were a fluke and give him one-two months where Bryan goes over the top of the card, everybody BUT Punk and Lesnar and then have him lose the title to Lesnar and start his feud with Authority backed Company Man Punk. Actually do something that'll make casual fans want to watch.

Again, when it comes down to it, the need for Undertaker to win is an emotional one and has little to do with actual logic either in terms of revenue or story. "What harm would it do?" is the core of every argument held by people so dead set on having the streak go on forever.

Just another reason to end it...
Swiss Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote