View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 05:01 PM   #33033
Ultra Mantis
Grim Fandango

Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Actually it's you who doesn't understand bi-polar. I was diagnosed with it when I was about 12-13 years old. I had to do a couple stints in the loony bin to get medications right. Also went through bouts of clinical depression, some because of me, some because of the meds for the bipolar/anxiety issues. And I learned when I was a kid that you have to seperate yourself from things that might 'trigger' an episode. You don't add unneeded stress. So if he knew and all his friends were warning him that this was a toxic environment and he is predisposed to mental illness, he should have known better than to put himself in that situation. HIS FRIENDS KNEW BETTER, why didn't he?

But Mauro, who supposedly has this disorder, sure as hell isn't acting like someone who has it. That's why I clearly pointed out my confusion as to why someone with such a serious illness would even put themselves in that situation. It may be a subjective argument, but I've had jobs I consider way more stressful than being a fucking commentator and my mental situation has never ever once prevented me from being able to do my job, even when that job or someone there was the cause of my current stress or depression or whatever. The man is apparently so bad off that he can't even read social media anymore. He can't handle communication at all right now basically and has cut himself off completely from the outside world.

So I'm sorry if you think I'm callous or uncaring towards his situation. The fact is the conditions he is purported to have are treatable the overwhelming majority of the time. And my personal experience leans towards the treatments being pretty effective. So either he isn't being treated properly for mental illness, which would explain his current reaction; or he is so severe that the treatments aren't that effective, in which case he should have never put himself in this situation as he was warned about it inn advance. And if he is that severe off mentally and still chose to put himself in a knowingly toxic situation that would be likely to fuck with his head....well then fuck him, he made a dumb decision.

Or, you know, he could just be being a pussy because JBL is a dick. Every time someone is overreacting to something we don't have to attribute it to mental illness.
So then you should know not every case is exactly the same and you know the meds aren't a 100% guarantee you'll be fine.

You are not Mauro Ranallo, you are not a "celebrity" and you don't have a predisposition for working in entertainment. The traffic on his twitter is likely huge, and anyone in the public eye gets hateful shit sent to them on a daily basis. This isn't "can't see what his friends are up to on Facebook because he'll get upset" situation.

Why didn't he listen to his friends? Maybe he really wanted to work for WWE as his dream job and didn't want his illness to stop him giving it a shot? Again, we can only speculate, but going after him because he didn't hole himself up at home in the first place is a bit ridiculous.
Ultra Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote