View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 09:44 AM   #170
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
I didn't ignore Shadrick's experience. His friend explicitly said something racist to him. I don't think that's politics, I think that's flat out racism. Sure, he found it out through a political discussion, but saying "black people couldn't be president" isn't politics, it's racism being applied to politics.

And it's not a racist slogan. It's nationalistic, and bull-headed. It is likely used by racist people to hide their racism. But that is not its only motivation.

I get you're trying to score progressive points here, and trying to appeal to some form of morality. But I treat people as individuals. If I made a black person feel uncomfortable about something they are free to tell me, and I would likely hear them out and discuss it respectfully as I did with Shadrick. As human beings, we need to be able to talk about these things without calling people bigots for having opinions, provided they aren't participating in acts of hate.

In the end, Shad didn't agree with me. And that's fine. He's a cool guy and we had a very moderate disagreement, and I get why he feels the way he does. It's nice that you feel he needs your help and that you're a champion for the underprivileged but its people like you who are as bad as the other side... at least that's what I've come to learn.

No, it's politics. You're just wrong. Racism, sexism, homophobia and all that are political. They pour into one's public belief system as to how things should be governed. That is politics. You don't get to switch that off just because it isn't convenient to your worldview. You accuse everyone else of bias and not being able to get past it, but you define what politics are in a completely biased way in order to start with your line of thinking in the first place. Ask a black person if they think someone saying that there shouldn't be a black President is political or not. Oh, they disagreed with you? Funny that.

I'm not trying to score points with anybody. Most of the guys on here are probably conservative or libertarian or something. I know it's a convenient gaslighting technique to say that someone is posturing or performing, but I'm literally saying the most unpopular shit I can say to a bunch of white dudes on the internet.

You love to say you talk, Dale, but I get the feeling you're the type of dude that someone will say "No, that literally makes me feel like shit and as a black person, it makes me feel very insecure about my race," and you'll just go "Well, see, the thing is...". It's gross, man. I've got no time for it anymore. You can throw whatever passive insults you want my way. I honestly don't care to impress fence-sitters like you. Just know this: It doesn't feel respectful to the people who have to deal with this shit every day -- I can guarantee you that.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote