View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #167
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I didn't ignore Shadrick's experience. His friend explicitly said something racist to him. I don't think that's politics, I think that's flat out racism. Sure, he found it out through a political discussion, but saying "black people couldn't be president" isn't politics, it's racism being applied to politics.

And it's not a racist slogan. It's nationalistic, and bull-headed. It is likely used by racist people to hide their racism. But that is not its only motivation.

I get you're trying to score progressive points here, and trying to appeal to some form of morality. But I treat people as individuals. If I made a black person feel uncomfortable about something they are free to tell me, and I would likely hear them out and discuss it respectfully as I did with Shadrick. As human beings, we need to be able to talk about these things without calling people bigots for having opinions, provided they aren't participating in acts of hate.

In the end, Shad didn't agree with me. And that's fine. He's a cool guy and we had a very moderate disagreement, and I get why he feels the way he does. It's nice that you feel he needs your help and that you're a champion for the underprivileged but its people like you who are as bad as the other side... at least that's what I've come to learn.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote