View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 09:24 AM   #162
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
You are actually dumb as a bag of bricks if you think that's what I said. But good luck being a slacktivist I suppose. I shouldn't acknowledge this since you've mischaracterized what I've said since you're being an asshole RN but I'll humour you.

My point was that you can't ascribe someone's beliefs to racism if what they're saying is not explicitly racist. I mean you can pontificate, but that's all it is, a pontification.

I don't think it's a far stretch to believe Undertaker thinks one is insulting the troops and what the country stands for by not rising for the anthem. He is completely wrong, but he is free to be wrong.

And maybe he is racist. but given he has never said "I don't like black people" and that he has many black friend, it would be strange if he were a hateful bigot. You have no actual proof that he is though, other than your own biases towards someone thinking people should stand for the anthem. It is DANGEROUS to accuse people willy nilly of being racist because they hold certain, non-explicitly racist political views. If you're bandying that about, it is likely that you may be racist or suffer from some extreme form of white guilt, which I suggest you deal with and don't make us suffer through.
Your own quote, Dale. Your own quote. For future reference: If you need to express that something is "non-explicitly racist," then it's probably pretty racist. But I wouldn't expect you to get the nuance.

"Some of my friends are black."

I didn't say he was a hateful bigot. You'd be a dumb bag of bricks if you think that's what I said. I said he wears racist slogans on his clothing. Marginalizing the plight of black people is racist, mate. You don't need to be a card-carrying member to be an ignorant piece of shit that makes people's lives worse. But yes, you're suffering through reading about it at your leisure.

And yes, anybody who points out racism is obviously racist themselves. Or a slacktivist. Wtf? Have you actually tried talking to black people about that out of curiosity? You kind of just ignored Shadrick's experiences in the 100,000 replies thread, but have you considered how uncomfortable it makes black people before you say "Nah, it's cool Taker's wrong about that, to hate it is biased and self-righteous"?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote