View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 10:29 PM   #18
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
Well that's what I meant by the film going a bunch of places aimlessly. It's overload. It could have been this buddy cop thing and had that orc kingpin the main villain all the way. But we got Agents of Magic SHIELD, and two secret factions on top of the orc tribe (tribes? Wasn't clear).

Too much world building for one movie.
Yeah. Just not sure if pinning that on the director might have been a fair assessment. There may have been pressure somewhere to cut the time down for one arbitrary reason or another.

Unless there is definitely a sequel coming, you're right: "too much world building for one movie." And even then, it should've just been a miniseries or at least a longer damned movie. Even another 30 minutes or so could have ironed out some of the wrinkles.

Doesn't make it a bad movie, though. I don't regret watching it, and if there is more coming, I'll be in that line.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote