Thread: 100,002 Replies
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #1351
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Ben Affleck's Batman film currently rumored to be plagued with serious script issues according to recent reports.

Quote:
The Ringer published a big piece today titled “Movies Aren’t Dead, but They’ll Never Be the Same” about the state of the movie industry, and one of the people they spoke to was Bret Easton Ellis. Ellis is best known as the author of the book “American Pyscho” (Christian Bale stared in the movie), and apparently he has some big Hollywood friends.

“I was having dinner with a couple of executives who know other executives who are working on the [forthcoming] Batman movie, The Batman,” Ellis told The Ringer.

“And they were just telling me that there are serious problems with the script. And that the executives I was having dinner with were complaining about people who work on the Batman movie. And they just said they went to the studio and they said, ‘Look, the script is … Here’s 30 things that are wrong with it that we can fix.’ And [the executives] said, ‘We don’t care. We don’t really care. The amount of money we’re going to make globally, I mean 70 percent of our audience is not going to be seeing this in English. And it doesn’t really matter, these things that you’re bringing up about the flaws of the script.’ So I do think global concerns play a big part in how movies, and what movies, are being made, obviously.”

Look, we know there are problems with the script. This past summer, Ben Affleck publicly stated that he’s not happy with it. But if everything Bret Easton Ellis said is true about Warner Bros. executives not caring, that’s very concerning! Could that be why Ben Affleck keeps saying “there is no Batman movie”, yet the movie is scheduled to begin shooting in the spring?
https://theringer.com/movie-industry...t-f0a5ddd85384
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote