View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #38
The One
Boss

The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
I don't think they would need to keep the masks on throughout the entire event.

They would probably just have to keep the masks on for a short period of time, which would be all up to the adjudicator from Guinness World Records. If I were to guess, I'd say that they would have to keep the masks on for around a minute or maybe just during the Mysterio/Cara match.

One way to count the masks would probably be to analyse footage of the camera panning across the crowd while everyone is wearing the masks, that the WWE would supply or Guinness World Records would record themselves. During the analysing of the footage, if anyone is spotted not wearing a mask, it would be deducted from the attendance record.

Guinness World Records do have ways of doing these things. If they didn't, then a lot of records probably wouldn't exist.
I suppose so. I guess I just see difficulties when judging something like that. Most Guinness World Records are done intentionally, with all participants knowing they are going for a goal - this would be more like WWE trying to achieve a goal, and hoping the audience plays along...even if it is for only a minute or so.

I just looked into it, the current record was set May 10th, 2011, at Angel's Stadium in Anaheim. The Angels passed out masks with logos on it, 31,773 people in attendance, and the ushers counted 4,693 people not wearing masks, which gives a current record of 27,080. Considering the Superdome is going to be able to hold 75,000+ for WrestleMania, so they will set the record by a wide margin if even half the people agree...and let's assume 50% minimum will participate for a little bit.

Still, I gotta ask, other than hearing Michael Cole mention it on Raw every other time Cara or Rey-Rey comes out, is there any real benefit? Do either guy get over from this? Aren't there more profitable matches to make with Rey-Rey's final couple Mania matches?

This is just another one of those "records" WWE gets to shove down our throats, like "longest running weekly episodic show on television." As though anyone watching gives a shit about some trivial corporate benchmark. Maybe that's why I'm so pessimistic about this, I get annoyed hearing announcer tell me about records over and over again trying to hype a show that I'm already watching...
The One is offline   Reply With Quote