View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 07:26 PM   #66
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Yes. I agree. He would have been Mysterio, Hardy, RVD, X-Pac. Valuable upper carder putting on good wrestling matches but not being pushed as the face of the company. That's where he belongs. You're making my point. I never said he's useless.
That's in the Attitude era. A lot of people would suggest that RVD should have been given a bigger push during the period, and Jeff Hardy would turn out to be the biggest draw they had in 2009. In a contemporary setting, those are the types of talent that are causing the buzz. You don't have an Austin or a Rock to supersede your star through performance.

It certainly wasn't Jinder. And crowds felt ready to take AJ Styles over Cena when they put him over. It didn't feel out of place. They chose Styles over Ambrose (quite decisively). The Wyatt/Orton/Jinder fiasco killed all interest in the WWE Title until Styles restored it somewhat. He's a lot more interesting and exciting than pretty much anyone else on the roster -- more "eloquent" or not. When he talks, I'm listening to him because I want to, whereas I don't give a flying fuck about Ziggler or Wyatt. That's partly charisma.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote