View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #16
Maluco
Reigning Tipsters Champ!

Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED View Post
Hope Joey Ryan keeps doing that with his dick. Hope the Young Bucks keep doing 5 million flips and Superkicks. Hope Kenny Omega keeps pulling funny faces.

There is nothing in wrestling that makes me laugh more nowadays than people ranting and raving about comedy wresting ruining the business like old men yelling at clouds. Especially because they never ever have the balls to just stop watching something that upsets them so much.
I have stopped watching wrestling completely, and have been done for about 4 months. The only think I watch are podcasts about older shows from time to time. I don't even look up results now. Still enjoy taking about it from time to time though, especially older stuff.

I would say the reason you are talking about it is not directly why I stopped, it's more because it is so boring, tedious and repetitive and there isn't a star in sight in WWE. No big matches, no major angles. Just two guys sharing wins for 3-4 months and then parting ways.

People like wrestling for different things though and there comes the disconnect. I always liked the suspension of disbelief and a rivalry building until you just had to see the match. One of my favourites was Bret Hart because aside from being great to watch he would do things little things like mouth "fuck" after a loss on TV. So easy to suspend disbelief when someone does so many little things to make it seem real. Some would argue he took it too seriously, but it helped his art.

HBK was another one. So many memorable moments like his comeback against HHH and the Flair Mania match. Proper emotion in wrestling were what made special moments for me. It's like a soap opera in many ways. I want to be taken for a ride by a cool story with twists and turns and the emotion of a big match that goes along with it.

I quit because it is boring nonsense now and the technical quality of matches wasn't enough to save it. But the stuff you are talking about contributes to the loss of that side of things for me. It might be fun to some people, but it makes a mockery of it all for me. Makes me feel stupid for watching and makes the whole thing feel pointless.

So yeah, they can continue to do these things and they will always have some sort of audience that has a good time watching it, but I would argue that there are also a lot of fans like myself who see wrestling the way I do, and stuff like this just contributes to the way the landscape is today. Some may think it's fun, but it's ok not to like the way things are going too
Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote