View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 02:52 AM   #480
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Mantis View Post
I think he was mainly appearing in NXT at the time and he was getting cheered there because he was feuding with Bo Dallas. Apparently this match happened the same week 3MB formed on Smackdown, so in canon it was a random one night only face turn I guess.

Well, that and NXT is its own thing, even without the pre-taped "timing" issues. (Such as Seth Rollins being not only a face, but the top face of NXT and still debuting in full WWE as a heel). Big E Langston was a (pretty popular) face anytime he was on NXT as well, but was "the heavy" for Dolph Ziggler and AJ, making him a de facto heel on WWE TV (and also why his "I Need Five" theme makes no sense without the context of his NXT 5 count gimmick). Even after 3MB appeared on NXT, Drew still got cheers.

NXT is a strange microcosm. WWE cannon can bleed into it, but NXT cannon generally doesn't bleed into WWE (unless someone at the booth comments that they were "called up"). The only exception to this seems to be The Wyatt Family. They've pretty much remained as they were from NXT completly intact.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote