View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 01:19 AM   #87
Boondock Saint

Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)
I dunno. I enjoy both companies but dislike them both as well. If I really had to choose, I'd go with DC. I just enjoy the stories slightly more. I think the writing is better. Infinite Crisis was good not great, and it came out soon after House of M which I thought was god awful. But Civil War was an improvement.

I don't even read too much Superman or Batman solo unless I hear good things, so I just read Superman/Batman, which is only decent. But from DC I read JLA, JSA, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, Checkmate, Teen Titans, Outsiders, Nightwing, Starman (one of the greatest series of all time).

From Marvel I read New Avengers, New Excalibur, Runaways, Ultimate Xmen/Spiderman (in trades so I'm not caught up yet), Punisher, Daredevil. That's pretty much it.

But DC's Vertigo and Wildstorm imprints pretty much blows anything Marvel out of the water; Preacher, Ex Machina, Loveless, Fables, Jack of Fables, Y The Last Man, Sandman, Hellblazer, DMZ, The Invisibles, 100 Bullets, Transmetropolitan, Astro City, Stormwatch, The Authority, Sleeper.

God damn so much good shit. I seriously recommend all of the above if you haven't read them.

So DC > Marvel but really, I love both. Image with Noble Causes, Invincible and Walking Dead is good shit too.

I give a HIGH 5 TO COMICS
Boondock Saint is offline   Reply With Quote