View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 06:04 PM   #196
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've discussed many things in this thread and why I think it hurts wrestling. I've explained the usefulness of camp, the sincerity of it, and the damage that ironic subversion can do. I've explained what I think the positives of the gimmick could potentially be. Your accusations that I am just insulting people is a blatant lie. But I will defer to everyone else on that. Have I made my thoughts on why I think this gimmick sucks apparent? If the answer is "yes," then kindly stop with that false point, screech.

I do not ignore your points. I simply don't think your logic makes any sense. I respond to them as best you can. I made the offer to number them so I can reply as directly as you seem to need me to, but you didn't do that, so I replied as best I could. Also, to clarify, if what I think is your first point is wrong (which I believe I have demonstrated it is), then your second point has no bearing anyway. "Why do you do what I'm accusing you of doing but you haven't actually done." Great one.

I can dislike anything I want? Okay. I dislike this gimmick. With a passion. People can disagree with me. #fan does. Again, I'm not the one who resorted to name-calling. Some people enjoy it, and that's okay, but it's still okay for me to not and to make my reasons why. That has been my point all along, and the irony you don't seem to get. That is why when you say that I'm "talking down to you," I find it funny, because it's a necessity of your stance that only positive opinions are okay, and that comes from the assumption that you are correct, which is actually very obviously you talking down to me.

It's back to "your opinion that my opinion sucks hurts my feelings" point. You're allowed to think my opinion sucks. You're allowed to disagree with me. But don't then turn around and tell me that I am a dick because I don't agree with you. Wtf? That's been my whole problem with you, and only you, because you are the only one who does it, until Seph joined in because I hurt his feelings.

If you want to boil it down to your summary of what you believe your main point to be: I agree. I dislike Broken Matt. I am going to talk about it. It sucks and is the worst thing on WWE TV at the moment. Are you happy? Because that started this whole thing in the first place. Or are you going to betray that it is about more than that? Or is that me being a dick because I don't agree with the people who like it?

Come on, screech. Explain to me how me disliking it is me being a dick to people. Or maybe you'd just prefer to try and sling around the word "cunt" like it means anything to Australians? I'm still waiting for you to turn up that evidence of me actually insulting you or anyone, for that matter, for enjoying it. Belittling the enjoyment? I can see how that gets murky, but I think some things in bad taste should be called out for them. Enjoy them all you want, but you should understand how it gets problematic. I can't, or wouldn't, take away anyone's personal enjoyment of something -- it's not my place or within my power -- but I will challenge the validity of those stakes. There's nothing wrong with that, as you just agreed.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote