View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 05:07 PM   #195
screech
Shelly Martinez = Ratings

screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Noid, you likely have me on ignore now, but I will try one more time to explain my very simple point since you still can't seem to get it. I'll throw spoiler tags to save space for everyone else.

SPOILER: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
1. screech is coming from a position that his perspective is correct. This has always been my biggest gripe with him when he goes off onto these tangents. He's the only person on these boards that does it. Literally, the only one. Everyone else seems to get subjective versus objective, at least to some extent. But he can't seem to wrap his head around why someone would think that something someone subjectively likes is objectively bad, and why they would bother critiquing it on a board to discuss these things. It's asinine.

This is not correct, but somehow this is what you keep taking from my posts. I'm not trying to be "correct." You're not actually discussing things, you're being a dick to anyone who likes this gimmick. I am pointing out how ridiculous that is. I've done this in at least two threads with you and you still can't get it.

Quote:
2. screech constantly says I ignore his points despite me consistently responding directly to them. "Why would you come here and make fun of something people enjoy?" seems to be the place he keeps returning to, despite me answering this time, and time, and time, and time again. It's interfering with something I enjoy. I am open to people discussing it and saying "I enjoy it." I've given examples of that. Where I jump off is when people say "I enjoy it, therefore it is good." It make be far too logical a way of thinking for some who can't separate themselves from what they enjoy, but..
Well, you do ignore my points, but I'll wrap with that. And you are definitely not okay with people enjoying this. You have said many times that you think this gimmick "kills the business" and lecture everyone who likes it on why he is wrong.

Quote:
3. screech constantly makes the implication that my opinion must be wrong if it clashes against the opinions of others. This is a self-defeating argument and one that cannibalizes itself. Wouldn't your subjective opinion be defeated by mine then? Of course not, because it's a one-way street with folks like screech. These are the sort of people who will cry "free speech" and then get upset when someone says "you're wrong." Ironically what you're accusing me of, I guess
This is also incorrect. I have said many times that you can like or dislike anything you want. You just don't need to be a dick to people who disagree with you - which is what you're doing to basically everyone in here. How you have yet to grasp this is silly at this point. We all get that you hate the gimmick. Some people enjoy it, and that's okay.

Quote:
My gripe with screech is how he formulates his arguments. His seems to be more based on how I make him feel and a need to try and "get one over" on me. Cool. He can do his thing. I've explained Broken Matt very thoroughly, and I've explained my issues with the substance of his posts. He continues to say I ignore him. Now I will.
The problem is you're constantly "talking down to me" for not getting your point - when you address points I'm not making.

I don't know if you're not getting it, or just willfully ignoring it now, but my entire point is that you can like/dislike/talk about whatever you want. You just don't need to be a total dick to anyone who shares a different view. That's all I've been saying.

I'm not sure if you're just not that smart or if you're just being an asshole for the sake of it, but it's really not a hard concept.

Well that was fun!
screech is offline   Reply With Quote