View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #191
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
Noid, the point is that it’s ok to not like something, but to give people shit for having a different opinion is highly hypocritical of you. Especially given the fact that you have so much to say about a product that outside of a few YouTube videos, you don’t even watch.

We get it, you think WWE sucks, but don’t be a dick to someone who dares enjoy it or gives it a chance before totally shitting on it. Take a chill pill
I thought I was giving the gimmick criticism this whole time. If people think I've been giving specific people shit, then I'm sorry. No, I just think the gimmick is absolute shit. Which is okay by your initial statement?

The reason I don't watch the product regularly is because of shit like this. I still follow and this makes it hard. Is that inappropriate to say? Is that hypocritical? Or is it more hypocritical to say "You can't have an opinion about our opinion?" I'm legitimately confused as to how you guys think opinions work.

I realize that I can come off snarky in tone. That bluntness is part of my "gimmick." I don't see the point in saying "Hey guys, sorry, but, ummm" on a wrestling forum. I'd just get to the point and say "Matt Hardy is shit." Sometimes I will exaggerate and say "Matt Hardy's the fucking worst piece of garbage in wrestling today," which isn't true, and I trust can be discerned by people. But I do think people are confusing this snark with personal attacks. Now that it's not just screech, I will probably take some more time off these boards after today, because I honestly don't feel like talking to people in wishy-washy language (how I get to express myself here is a large part of why I stick around, and not just what I express).

But I'll point to a conversation you and I had about 205 Live, where you said the guys "deserve it," which struck me as a weird thing to say about guys that have, frankly, not worked well at all on the main roster. You ended up coming back around to "just my opinion" and I was like "cool, man." I think it's a bit of a work that this is about opinions. This is because people have a complex with me because they think I act smarter than they do. Look at screech flipping out about me making him feel like an idiot for simply addressing his points time and time again. "Why do you come here?" "Why do you do this?" Answer, answer. "No, I want an answer, you cunt. I am smart too." Blah, blah.

I'm not going to dumb myself down. I'm not going to stop trying to make objective points over just saying "I like this guy! I like to have fun!". Some people come here for that and I do, largely, try to stay out of their way, because I was once like that. I've wizened up and now I crave more substantive conversation. Some (Destor, #1-wwf-fan, Gertner, sometimes Dale, BigCrippyZ before he got bored, sometimes Thrilla) can provide that. Others -- man, it's weird that you think I'm the one with my head up my ass. I'm waiting to learn something and be taught something, but all you want to do is talk about how regal your feelings are.

It's no wonder these boards are flat and not fun anymore. You used to get all sorts and all sorts of people talking about all sorts of things. Now they're dead, and a large part is because conversation breaks down into stupid little wars like this, and a large part of that is because there is only, like, one type of fan still left engaged by the product.

I'm very happy for you all enjoying the downward spiral. It is going to get worse with you cheerleading it though. As I said earlier when the Matt Hardy video got more views than the TNA stuff ever did: "Be careful what you wish for..."
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote