View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #187
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Awww look Noid is resorting to Neg reps. Are your feelings hurt because people enjoy something you don't? I'm sorry. Wait, no I'm not. Pussy.
Sounds like you're the one who is getting hurt by it, truthfully. I only neg rep mike adamle posts and people that I think make something counter-productive towards discussion. You fall into the later category.

1. screech is coming from a position that his perspective is correct. This has always been my biggest gripe with him when he goes off onto these tangents. He's the only person on these boards that does it. Literally, the only one. Everyone else seems to get subjective versus objective, at least to some extent. But he can't seem to wrap his head around why someone would think that something someone subjectively likes is objectively bad, and why they would bother critiquing it on a board to discuss these things. It's asinine.

2. screech constantly says I ignore his points despite me consistently responding directly to them. "Why would you come here and make fun of something people enjoy?" seems to be the place he keeps returning to, despite me answering this time, and time, and time, and time again. It's interfering with something I enjoy. I am open to people discussing it and saying "I enjoy it." I've given examples of that. Where I jump off is when people say "I enjoy it, therefore it is good." It make be far too logical a way of thinking for some who can't separate themselves from what they enjoy, but...

3. screech constantly makes the implication that my opinion must be wrong if it clashes against the opinions of others. This is a self-defeating argument and one that cannibalizes itself. Wouldn't your subjective opinion be defeated by mine then? Of course not, because it's a one-way street with folks like screech. These are the sort of people who will cry "free speech" and then get upset when someone says "you're wrong." Ironically what you're accusing me of, I guess.

So, here it is spelled out for: Broken Matt Hardy is dumb. It's not fucking funny and anyone who likes it can be accused of bad taste. All wrestling is bad taste. Cool. That doesn't alleviate that Broken Matt is worse. It's daft, dumb and, frankly, not even very creative. But casual audiences have been chased away so all that are left are my fellow geek to enjoy it and that is why we can't have nice things.

That is my opinion. What do I base this on? Well, my own opinion, which is as weighted as highly as yours and belongs just as much in a thread about Broken Matt as anything else. But also the fact that it did zero business in TNA despite getting all these rave reviews about being the hottest thing in wrestling. Mathematically impossible. Actual lies -- not malicious ones, but just ones out of ignorance.

Why does it even matter to me? Because I want wrestling to get good again. It's impossible with shit like this on television. That it makes you laugh might be the problem.

If you enjoy it? Fine. I enjoy wrestling, but I wouldn't make the claim it deserves an Emmy or even a fucking time-slot with the way things currently are. But I still subjectively like it, even though I don't think it's good. Now, with Broken Matt, I challenge someone to explain to me why it is good. How it is good. #fan tried. "It's different and everything else is shit" seems to be the winning argument. Good work, guys. You're really "destroying" me.

Either get this thread back on track and start talking about the subject matter at hand and not screech's white-knight complex, or you will continue to go down in my books. You might not care, but it sounds like you do by your massive sook.

Also, keep in mind that the closest thing to an insult I've thrown at you this whole time is lumping you in, collectively, with the geeks who still watch wrestling, and accusing you of bad taste. I haven't called you dumb, or a moron, or an idiot, or a pussy. Just like I never called screech that. I've asked if he can pick it out and thus far he hasn't. He's called me plenty though. Interesting, huh?

DISCLOSURE: I did edit a post that said "I think this is trash and everyone who likes it is trash" for poetic emphasis, but I thought some people might actually take it to heart, since when it comes to Broken Matt and having an opinion on him, apparently you don't even need to call someone a name to call them a name. I'm not even against name-calling, because I don't take it seriously and find it a bright way to pepper conversation, but in this context I went out of my way to avoid it.

My gripe with screech is how he formulates his arguments. His seems to be more based on how I make him feel and a need to try and "get one over" on me. Cool. He can do his thing. I've explained Broken Matt very thoroughly, and I've explained my issues with the substance of his posts. He continues to say I ignore him. Now I will.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote