Thread: E3 2017 Baybee
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 01:14 PM   #266
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
God forbid small developers try to be creative, and craft unique visuals and gameplay.

I still do not understand this problem you have with indie developers. If the gameplay is legit great, then what is the problem?
Actually my exact issue is the gameplay isn't great or creative. I wasn't talking about the minimalist visual trends at all. I have no issue with 'quirkiness'.

I break down games to their gameplay, all the time. You know this. No interest in story modes, don't care for 'narrative intentions'. I'm a total nazi about this. Life is Strange; is ass. It does nothing for me. It fails at its own goal. If you set aside gameplay refinement to be a narrative driven game, fine, but I youtubed LiS and it's bollocks.

This isn't an appeal to AAA games which have gotten just as homogeneous, but the reason I call out AAA games is the same as I do indy games: People kind of treat 'AAA' and 'Indy' as a genre now and the games get pass for being either expensive or 'quirky'.

I am super hyped for Sea of Thieves and it honestly looks like shit. Metro looks meh and it had amazing visuals. The gameplay has to catch me first and a lot of indy games think they can shulk gameplay because 'it's an interesting project'. No, nigga.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote