Thread: Dark Souls
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #127
RoXer
History's Greatest, Mr. E

RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yeah, pretty awesome game.

I just realized that of the 3 times I helped beat the bosses in Anor Londo, 2 of them were in NG+ because I got 90000 souls those times. Still had better luck putting my sign down before the door itself.

I went human and some guy invaded me and killed me. But then he messaged me if I wanted help so it was cool. His summon sign was orange and he glowed orange which meant I had to look up what that meant after this was over. (Turns out, orange guys are just strong/leveled up versions of regular white summonable warriors I guess. Stay away from red as that's the one that you invade into.) And then recruited another guy (white guy) outside of the door. The orange guy died right as he took out Smough and then me and the other guy took out Giant Ornstein without too much of a problem. Went back down, leveled my souls, went back up and got the thing to warp between bonfires.

At first, I wasn't a fan of the multiplayer but it's kind of growing on me. In general, I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to get through any part of this game without the guide. How was I supposed to know about the Drake Sword? The brass ring for the swamps? Hell, how was I supposed to know where the brass ring was and that I needed to climb up to that raven to even get back there?

And how am I supposed to know what these covenants do? Without the guide, I would be fucked.

But I am a fan of the multiplayer. There are times where I wish I could just jump into a game with people on my friends list but after thinking about it, it kinda sucks the fun out of the game. I like the idea of having to assist others in order to move forward before you make that leap yourself and then once you do, you can call on others as they did with you.

Or maybe it is possible to all join up in the same game and I haven't really thought it through. For instance, let's say that we are all about the same soul level, could I tell message someone on my friends list "Hey let's meet up at Anor Londo" and my then friends would see my summon sign? But then that wouldn't be for the whole game, right? Only for a certain section? It would seem tedious to do that for every section of the game. And then if I stop playing for a month (as I'm going to do) and they keep going, would we ever be able to join back up since they'll most likely be a higher level than what I am?

I dunno. There are times when I like the multiplayer aspect (including forums, wikis, and guides) and times when I don't. Right now I 70% like it.

So tonight, I warp to go get some anti toxin, go back to the painted world of artimis, collect everything in there, and then put this game away for a month or two. Just when it's really starting to get good too.
RoXer is offline   Reply With Quote