View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 07:18 AM   #218
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Sorry but I'm still not seeing where this massive stigmatization of wrestling is in 2017. I'm really not. There used to be a time in post-Attitude Era where the slightest mention of wrestling in school got most of the room to stick their noses up and act like wrestling was for little kids. And that was well before the WWE product became PG.

In adulthood, most people who aren't wankers don't give a shit about what other people watch. When you see an ad for a movie you think looks bad - is your first thought "I'll pass on that one" or do you think "Who in their right mind would see that?" If it's the latter, you're probably an asshole.

If anybody did give you shit for watching, Fignuts' "who gives a fuck" approach is the right one. Watching something and acting like you're supposed to be ashamed for liking it is a hell of a lot more off-putting to me than watching something and just saying "yeah, I like this. So what?"

But I've not seen anybody give someone else shit for liking wrestling in a long time. Hell I've seen wrestling fans give other wrestling fans shit for liking comedy wrestling or whatever a lot more than I've seen non-fans care what a fan watches.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote