View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:40 AM   #362
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
I don't agree so much on the "racist" part, but I do agree in seeing it as a bullshit stunt.

I can't be the only one who finds it humorous that it looks like iMPACT is copying WWE in hotshotting brown talent for a boost of market share in India. It can't be coincidental that this comes on the heels of "unhindered Jinder" getting the flying checkers king push that is about as transparent as Scotch tape, and now, suddenly, after all this time, Sonjay Dutt is worth enough to become a champion when they just so happen to be in India...

... but THEY WERE DOING IT FIRST! It takes a special kind of fuckup company to be the first at something and still come off as a copycat promotion. Dutt becomes a champion, Sheera gets a trophy, and both were talents they could have/should have been building for years. Years! Instead, it looks like a "me too" answer to Vince.
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
They're not copying WWE/Jinder. They were IN India and had an Indian guy win a midcard title in his home country to give the crowd a feel good moment. It's kind of just a typical wrestling story. There's a big difference between that and suddenly revolving an entire brand around a jobber just to boost business in a foreign country.
Tom has a good point though, Impact Wrestling did it first with the trip to India. That caused WWE to react the same way they did with the UK tournament and trying to control that market. Jinder being champion is a result of WWE not wanting to lose the Indian market to Impact. WWE being live and not taped though makes it look like Impact did it just because WWE has Jinder as champion.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote