Thread: MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 07:23 AM   #4261
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
What a clusterfuck of emotions last night. The Hosmer error invoked memories of Buckner only for Alex Gordon to be like "nope". Truthfully I knew the game was lost after that, and I said as much when it happened.

Familia definitely gets a share of the blame. Not as much as the offense for continually failing to capitalize or Harvey for letting up those 2 runs in the 6th when he needed to clamp down, but he did still blow the save in the biggest game of his life. It happens. Just really unfortunate timing.

Not winning that ballgame after that error is just a really bad omen I think. That may well be the only error the Royals commit all series, and they couldn't turn it into a win. Sucks.

But at the end of the day I never saw the Mets taking both games in KC. This team has come out guns blazing in the face of adversity all year. Gotta win tonight because the series is most certainly over if you let the Royals take a 2-0 lead. They're too good.