View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 08:42 PM   #57
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
You know in the 90's, at the very peak of NJPW's success, they didn't have "THE GUY". They had three guys. Chono, Mutoh, and Hashimoto. And they would all have multiple reigns, with the odd Fujinami or Choshu title win thrown in to mix it up a bit.

I fully believe they have the potential to be in that spot again. Where instead of just one guy to rely on, with a few people to hold on to the belt for him when he needs a break, you have multiple mega stars.

Wrestling is all about timing, and I think this moment could of cemented Naito as more than just a main eventer who can occasionally challenge THE GUY, but instead an equal to Okada. He already outclasses Okada in the charisma department, and while I feel Okada is slightly better in ring overall, in large part to his amazing story telling, there are some things Naito still does better than Okada.

Omega is talented enough, more than over enough to be your third, giving you your modern day "three musketeers", as it were.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote