View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #6898
Evolution
I Just Passed You By!

Evolution is "reptacular" (2,500+)Evolution is "reptacular" (2,500+)Evolution is "reptacular" (2,500+)
There are 173 pages in this thread, so I'll apologise now if this has already been addressed.

I was looking on IMDB earlier and saw that there are 7 Marvel movies being released this year:

Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
Ant-Man and The Wasp
Untitled Deadpool Sequel
Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse
Venom
X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Depending how long the Disney/Fox deal takes means we have at least 5 new MCU movies in 2018.

On the other side of the coin, DC has 2 movies coming out this year:

Teen Titans, Go! - to The Movies
Aquaman

TTG is a kids cartoon (and not a very good one at that) and the common perception of Aquaman is that he is a joke. Sure, Jason Mamoa looks good, but Aquaman doesn't have a good reputation, especially for casual fans.

To make matters worse, Aquaman is coming out 1 week after Spider-Man. Who thought THAT was a good idea?!

DC, this is why you are losing.

Warner Brothers has owned DC Comics since the 1960's. They could have had there cinematic universe up and running 50 years ago.

Marvel started their cinematic universe in 2008, when they didn't have full, if any, control over their big names. That's why they had to start with Iron Man. Disney bought Marvel the following year after Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk had already been out, while Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers had been anounced and were in at least pre-production.

I don't really have a major point here, it just boggles my mind that a company with 2 of the biggest icons in comic books history can't get their act together.
Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote