View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 08:14 PM   #165
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
...new generation says the child who didmt live it until vhs and who now who wants them to not be authentic to themselves. The films havent changed, you have. Maybe you dont like the formula, thats fine, just dont act like its the films fault. Theyre just doing what they have for decades.
That's absurd. Not being old enough (to what btw? Gauge public review of the first trilogy to contrast the new ones? What?) didn't mean I wasn't able to understand initial criticisms of the prequel trilogy. Anymore than it makes me unable to review Prometheus in the context of the Alien saga because 'I didn't exist when Alien launched'. That is a piss poor dodge to excuse whatever issues I have when a long enough franchise starts skirting its own ruleset.

Nor is it even the save you want it to be; by today's story telling telling standards Rey would still be poorly written in TFA, Snoke would still be panned as a wasted villain (something no franchise even the MCU can get away with), and the retooling of how the Force works becomes nonsensical. Taken in a vacuum, it still doesn't work. So miss me with the 'you were too young to get it, but you're also now too old for it' line. Please. That alone is inconsistent.

You like it or accept it. Cool. Whatever. But don't go pretending we (Kalyx and Fignuts!) don't understand something about Star Wars. You are much better off saying you like it and don't care about things we're pointing out.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote