View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 09:45 AM   #157
Anybody Thrilla
Cranky Kong

Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I love Rusev, but I can understand that there would be something in place to make sure you don't age The Undertaker. There are several reasons you're not supposed to call him a broken down old man:

1. It undercuts his mystique.

2. Is he even supposed to be a man in kayfabe?

3. He's probably really insecure. Go back and watch his bullshit during the Attitude era.

4. For those of you who can't follow Jim Cornette's logic, Chris Jericho has echoed this story: when you're talking shit about your opponent, it's best not to make them seem ridiculous, because when they kick your ass, no one looks good.

5. Vince asks you not to.

Like, of all the ridiculous things people get shit for (being over, getting a tattoo of the date your won a belt, etc.), talking shit about The Undertaker being old is actually pretty low on the weird. I'd expect to get into trouble for that. I'm not saying Rusev is stupid -- I just think he's frustrated and acting up a bit.

There may not be real heat on him, but I've sensed ever since the Summer Rae stuff that Vince just does not like him. Some guys can do whatever they want, but if Rusev tries even a mild version of the same thing, I imagine it's going to backlash on him harder. That's just the WWE way.
John Cena talked a lot of shit about Undertaker AND got his ass kicked. Doesn't seem to be in trouble.
Anybody Thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote