View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 08:40 AM   #4
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
1. What were your thoughts at the time on HHH's return as a babyface?

Didn't like it at first. He was the one of the most over heels in recent memory at the time. He did too many despicable things to just be a face because he got hurt. The music of Beautiful Day really sold it on me. That crowd at MSG was insane. I'm sure Triple H was pretty pissed off because he always wants to be a heel.

2. What were you thoughts on the nWo coming in - what were your expectations, positive or negative?

Thought it was going to be way better. Though it was going to lead to some WCW stars coming into the company to challenge them or join them. Could have been a great way to do a backdoor Invasion the right way.

Putting them with Vince was probably the biggest mistake. They can't really rebel against authority when the owner is bringing them in. It worked better with Bischoff because he wasn't the owner.

Too many injuries and then Booker T. WTF?

3. How did you feel about WrestleMania 18? (I hear Shisen may have seen this live, but have never been able to get him to confirm)

Rock/Hogan was probably had one of the best moments in wrestling history. Not the best match but just like Hulk/Andre it was must-see. Really great emotion and the crowd no-selling Hogan in Toronto.

Rest of the show was just meh. I liked the 24/7 segment until I found out the real idea was to have had a gauntlet type match at the CN Tower. Seeing Scott Hall wrestle again on a PPV was great but the match was just meh. Wish they had Nash in a match but he probably had an injury or something.

4. What did you make of the brand extension when it was announced, and of the original Draft show in execution?

Felt it would have been a good way to get more people on TV. They changed too much of it around from the start. Split PPVs was the only real problem I had with it except for having two World titles. The traveling Male and Woman Champion was a great concept that they gave up on for.....reasons.
SlickyTrickyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote