View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 06:47 PM   #137
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
The period between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania was shorter than it was for Benoit, but he averaged 3.81 on his Mania chase. Batista was at a 3.9. I don't know if you'd call that a super-massive increase. It's definitely better, don't get me wrong, but I still don't see where this "Batista was definitely a bigger draw than Benoit ever was and ever could be" is coming from. Especially considering Benoit has competed on as many million dollar drawing PPVs as Batista, headlined as many of them, and has been on higher drawing B-PPVs over a much longer and more consistent period.
A) That highlighted part is obviously a strawman. You're better than that, Goddammit. I'm arguing that he was better in the same position a year later. I mean... we CAN argue whether he's a bigger draw than Benoit ever could be. But that quote is just... come on.

B) Where are you getting this info that Benoit has headlined as many "million dollar drawing" PPVs as Batista? Firstly, I don't even know where to look for how much a PPV has drawn money-wise but I'm pretty sure a million dollars isn't a benchmark or anything. But if you just mean he's headlined as many PPVs that have drawn a lot of money as Batista I have my doubts that that's true.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote