Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 02:50 PM   #396
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWadding View Post
Except the Cleveland Browns O Line grades out VERY well in Pro Footbal Focus' rankings. I can't tell you about their guards, but I know Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, and Mitchell Schwartz (L, C, R) all grade out as comfortably above average players.

and Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron, man.
Projections aren't the same as performance. While they do have a habit of picking up *ok* players, they usually end up playing together merely as a mediocre team. For comparison, think about the basketball team the Houston Rockets tried to field around 98ish... they picked up a bunch of star calibur, known players and they didn't exactly set the world on fire a cohesive unit. Cleveland just had how many Pro Bowl selections? And yet they can't win games that have meaning.

And I was speaking more on the penchant of the organization trying to always solve their woes by throwing a "hot new" quarterback at it. They've done that since day one back in '99, where they went on record as stating that intention with Tim Couch. They don't cultivate any sort of depth in running game, receivers, or an O line, and throw all their chips in on QBs and coaches, and change them like underwear, instead of sticking with a guy, saying "this is our guy" and sticking to it to find players who get cohesive chemistry. They tend to trade away standouts in skill positions and wear down quarterbacks with danger and doubt.