View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #140
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney View Post
Well either way, don't tell him. I wouldn't want to make trouble for the nurses in the care home once he gets all riled up.
Huh? It's not even that bad. It's very easy to imagine that the WWE ordered a photo of those guys standing around for promotional reasons and that they took it and then went their separate ways. Don't be a douche. It's not the same as working with children or doing dick spots.

I don't really care if people like Cornette or not. I'm not his fucking keeper and he's done way too much in professional wrestling for a few backyard marks to tear down his work. But what fucking pisses me off to no end is the lack of god-damn comprehension of what he actually says.

It's incredible to me. The guy will say "The sky is blue" and people will take photos on a cloudy day and post it on his wall and say "SEE!". He criticizes Omega as a human being (actually KNOWING him, unlike most fans) and says that whilst being a great athlete the match with Okada was not a perfect match and he couldn't give a shit because fuck Kenny Omega, and the responses are "He can't even say one nice thing," "I guess you can't have Match of the Year if you made a mistake ten years ago," and "Cornette is so out of touch." None of those actually respond to the points he actually fucking made.

It's the stupidity against Cornette. I've been racking my brain trying to work out why everyone looks so fucking stupid when they hurl the straw-men out and it finally dawned on me: They sound fucking stupid because a lot of the time they are taking up a losing position right from the start because Cornette is right. It confuses people when he says something like "Sami Zayn is a good talent, but a pain in the ass to work with and couldn't understand that you don't jump through a ladder on the second match on the card because it makes the boys going on after him have to work that much harder to follow it" so they have to say things like "Cornette said Zayn likes skinning kittens and will never make it as a professional wrestler in the WWE ever because he's ginger and a Muslim."

You don't have to like Cornette -- I don't agree with him on EVERYTHING. I think Titus O'Neil should be kicked out of wrestling before Kenny Omega on the basis of being the drizzling shits, for example -- but for God's sake try and rationalize what you are saying and respond to what he actually says. Not what you imagine the tone around what he is saying could be paired with on a different day if it weren't coming from one of the best minds in professional wrestling history. The straw-men and generalizations are just annoying at this point.

"He's out of touch." No, you are off point, you fucking morons. Saying someone is "out of touch" contains no actual evidence or supportive arguments. It's like saying "The President is stupid." Okay. Why? And every single spotfest mark that is asked that question can never answer with anything other than "He's stuck in the 80's" or "Well, he doesn't like Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks, Kevin Owens or Sami Zayn." All of which have been dismissed as conclusive points.

The very best one I've heard is the ROH argument. I recommend listening to his shoot about that. He denies being the actual booker, and while that is true, it's naive to think that he didn't have pull and power. And Cornette talks as if he did anyway. But he points out a lot of the structural problems ROH faced. That being said, it was a directional change from ROH that perhaps didn't feel necessary to fans at the time. He was not the guy to run that place. He'd do much better in an NXT, which is basically Smoky Mountain Wrestling with good production value, and where the fans are marks for what they are seeing (whatever they're seeing) and not for a certain cult style.

Anyway, rant over. I just wanted to respond to the anti-intellectualism I perceive to be thrown Cornette's way -- with his big words and sentences that are hard to follow.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote