View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #302
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixx View Post
All I know about this show comes from this thread and I gotta say it got me interested. Might have to give it a shot (wasn't really into that whole Marvel world but not about superheroes thing).
Honestly, that was what intrigued me about the show; how they were going to pull off the exeptional everyman without needing to crutch themselves with superheroes all the time or somehow degrade the movieverse. Its kinda like ODST in the world of Halo, in that they're not Spartans, but still soliders in a galaxy of shit infinitely stronger than they, even on their own side. The Whedon boner was secondary.

That, and my aforementioned hope for some sort of Alpha Flight appearance. And possibly even Damage Control.

And I will admit it was kind of slow to start in setting up character development, and the nitpicking on the blah acting chemestry in the first episode. But it was worth sticking it out. Only thing about rerunning is that the gimmick of coinciding with movie releases like with the Asguardian prison break or the events from Winter Solider kinda loses some of its flair, but its still awesome even without the context.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote