View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 09:53 PM   #233
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by The Gift of Vince ... Drink it in man:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Today is Vince McMahon’s 71st birthday.
Quote:
Tuesday night's edition of Talking Smack may have been more noteworthy than SmackDown itself.

Daniel Bryan and The Miz got into a heated exchange after Bryan said he didn't like the way Miz wrestles. Miz responded by saying he beat Apollo Crews at SummerSlam, but Bryan said that Miz wrestles like a coward inside of the ring, and claimed that Miz represents what he used to think of as soft WWE style wrestling.

Miz offered an impassioned defense of his work, saying that he has never been injured in his career. He said Bryan is the real coward for promising his fans that he would come back and failing to do so.

Responding to The Miz, Bryan noted that he would come back if the WWE would let him. Miz said Bryan claims to love wrestling and should quit and go wrestle in bingo halls again. Bryan walked off of the set as the show went off the air.
Really worth the watch for those who haven't seen it yet. TPWW thread with the video: http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=132096

Quote:
Maura Ranallo tweeted that the new sets featured on this week’s Raw and SmackDown are permanent.
Quote:
SmackDown scored its second biggest TV audience since the live draft special, garnering 2.714 million viewers on USA Tuesday night.

The number was up 10% from last week and was the highest number the show has done since July 25th.
Quote:
USADA announced Wednesday that Jon Jones and Brock Lesnar could be facing a maximum suspension of just one year for their recent drug test failures, and not the traditional two-year ban.
Quote:
In the fourth installment of WWE 2K17’s Suplex City Census, 29 WWE Superstar residents of the Business District – the fourth of five neighborhoods in Suplex City – have been announced for inclusion in the forthcoming franchise’s worldwide release on October 11, 2016. The installment brings the following Superstars to WWE 2K17’s extensive roster: Alberto Del Rio, Big Show, Bray Wyatt, Brock Lesnar, Carmella, Chad Gable, Big Cass, Darren Young, Dash Wilder, Diamond Dallas Page, Earthquake, Enzo Amore, Goldberg, Jason Jordan, JBL, Mark Henry, Paige, Razor Ramon, Ric Flair, Rusev, Sami Zayn, Samoa Joe, Sasha Banks, Scott Dawson, Sheamus, The Miz, Titus O’Neil, Typhoon and Zack Ryder.
Quote:
WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart has been critical of Seth Rollins in the past, calling Rollins unprofessional and reckless after John Cena and Sting were injured in matches with him.

And Hart doubled down on those criticisms after Finn Balor was injured after taking a powerbomb into the barricade against Rollins at SummerSlam.

Hart released a statement (with paragraph breaks added) to Nick Hausman of Wrestlezone: "I take no great pleasure in saying 'I told you so,' but if you’re a professional wrestler and you keep hurting opponents and or yourself, clearly you’re doing it wrong. I wrestled a very realistic and physical style and not once in 23 yrs did I ever hurt one opponent ever.

Seth Rollins needs to improve his technique and become the safest wrestler in the business. I have great respect for Seth. I believe he’ll improve and hopefully stop hurting the talent before someone gets killed. Wrestlers have to trust one another. If a wrestler holds the life of another wrestler in his hands for the sake of his family, wife or children you plain and simply cannot drop it!

I saw this coming, if anything WWE producers are negligent for not speaking up about it to him already, instead they’re probably gushing with joy, slapping him on the back telling him 'great job!' Bill Goldberg was similar. When I think of Samoa Joe nearly killing Tyson Kidd, then see him continuing to use that deadly finish of his, I just shake my head. It’s not real, it’s only supposed to look real, wrestlers are not crash test dummies!"
Lance Storm also bashed Rollins to a lesser degree for being a bit wreckless with his moves during a guest appearance on a recent Observer Radio show. Basically said Rollins needs to be more aware his powerbomb moves are all on him to ensure others are safe taking them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE
Update: Aug.23 at 10 p.m by Dr. Jeffrey Dugas
“Finn’s injury was pretty severe, more severe than normal. A really high energy injury, it did more damage than a standard shoulder dislocation where you simply tear the labrum. The prognosis is excellent, however. We were able to fix it all and put it back where it came from. I’m anticipating him getting back at full speed.”
Recent update regarding Finn's injury and recover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE NXT will tape their next set of TV episodes tomorrow, Thursday 8/25 at Full Sail Live. The next WWE Cruiserweight Classic taping will be Friday 8/26 at Full Sail Live as well ...

Jerry Lawler was spotted in Orlando, Florida today, so he may be at the tapings this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTorch
El Rey Network announced a collaborative deal with Rey Mysterio to be involved in more projects beyond Lucha Underground.

El Rey and Mysterio agreed to a “one-year first look deal” that will see Mysterio “develop, produce. and consult on creative projects and series, both scripted and unscripted,” reports Deadline.com.

Mysterio will also be featured in Season 3 of Lucha Underground, which premiers September 7.
Quote:
“I know he would have supported it because he told me to ask for my release after WrestleMania 28… I waited until WrestleMania 32 to take his advice. At 28, I recalled particularly, he was unhappy with the direction things were going with me and Big Show, and he just thought that I was so close to the keys to the kingdom, and they were slipping away, that maybe leaving would wake them to the idea that this is somebody who wanted to captain your ship and the way you guys are treating him has pushed him out. But it seemed at the time like kind of a leopard’s play, so it just didn’t interest me. I wanted to stick it out, and I always tried to not take Pop’s advice, because he’s my dad, so the advice always came from that part of his heart, not the businessman part of his mind, but his heart, and actually at the end of my WWE career, he was right that I should have made that decision maybe a little sooner.”
Part of a longer interview Cody Rhodes had with Wrestledelphia Radio about Dusty telling him to leave the WWE years ago since he was unhappy and needed a new direction for his career.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Bayley recently posted a farewell letter to NXT on her Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJgJDYQge9e/
  • CM Punk's on-going lawsuit against WWE's head doctor Dr. Chris Amann is current set to have another hearing on November 15th based on recent court records. Punk is currently suing Amann over issues regarding medical neglect while Amann is counter-suing Punk over the allegations. http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/08/...court-hearing/
  • Undertaker's wife and former WWE Women's wrestler Michelle McCool recently revealed she's currently dealing with skin cancer. https://www.instagram.com/p/BJgSKQshO3P/
  • Apparently a recent AMA session on r/SquaredCircle with Bull Dempsey/Bull James ended up being a big disaster to the point the thread got deleted very quickly. Main issues were Dempsey didn't prepare or handle himself well for the AMA and trolls causing a lot of issues. https://twitter.com/RealBullJames/st...90380363292673
  • According to Johnny Gargano, the origin of the #GloriousBomb was people in NXT thinking the song was going to be used for the CWC tournament and being a bit upset it was for Roode instead. Him and Ciampa then decided to use it as part of a running gag with Roode involved and even managed to get Triple H to be a big fan of it. http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/8/...e-nxt-triple-h
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote