View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #22
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Indulge me in more talk of Street Fighter 4's Omega Mode. It's not an whole different mode rather than another edition to choose on the character select screen, but I think it should have been. Omega Mode brings more to the table than new moves, it's as far away from Ultra Street Fighter 4 as Super Street Fighter 4 was from vanilla SF4 (moreso). Before I battle Figgy with the best version of Cammy I've ever played, I'm gonna break some things down best I can.

As I said, it's more than new/altered moves, there's some system changes in there that really should have been another mode altogether.

- While the general speed (walk, dash, jump) is unchanged in the characters, combat effects make this a slightly faster game. Quick Rise is not only faster, you can do it off of certain throws. More moves knockdown, and more knockdowns seem to be recoverable, and this leads to people being on their feet more often than not. It also means the wake-up game has more nuance, and is a better answer than the largely unused Delayed Wake-Up in Ultra.

- All Focus Attack Cancels knockdown. Regular charged FAs still crumble, but you can't use it to extend combos anymore. This render FADCs moot - and I like it. Red Focus is also non-existent, which says a lot about it's implementation.

- The adjusted (and for a few completely revamped) move-sets all point to game that allows creative approach not often seen in a SF game. Dare I say it's something akin to classic Capcom character designs. There's also much more uniqueness with the characters. I would have to point out how the Shotos are different to the uninitiated; but their differences are much more noticeable. No way in hell can you say Ken is Ryu with a different head. He tosses fireballs with feet (and his tricky kicks are BACK).

- A lot of characters have moves that fall between EX and Super Attacks. They are 'Super-like', and require more meter than EX attacks. Akuma has a special throw right out of his KKK teleport. Makoto can tap into her red skin mode. Cammy's EX Canon Spike leads into an attack grab. It's a new option to spend your meter on.

- For some fucking reason Capcom did NOT put Omega movelists in the game. This is an amazing fuck up (or negligence/apathy). Gotta go online to find it. Meh.

Last edited by Kalyx triaD; 08-20-2021 at 12:49 AM.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote