View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 01:31 AM   #65
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed316 View Post
SPOILER: show
I hope its Christa and Omid, even though I hated them, for Clems sake.

Was surprised to find that, like with episode four, my choices went against the majority. I went with what I thought was the right thing to do for my Lee, but somehow seemed to be the opposite everyone else.

I was absolutely heartbroken when
Ben died. I saved him at the bell tower in episode four and was the only one who came with me to help find Clementine. I felt he was really trying to make up for his earlier screw ups and grew to trust him again. When he stood up to Kenny, I was like 'whoa' but he was right. When I saw him impaled in the alleyway, my heart just sank. Like Lee says in the attic, he's still just a kid himself which we forget at times. And when Kenny went down to help him and eventually had to put him out of his missery, again I couldn't help but well up when he sacrificed himself.

I could sort of see that coming, because
when all the guys were jumping across to the roof, the railing gave way a bit on Kenny. I bet if Ben were with us, he'd have fallen there. But, I let that bastard fall to his death previously, so basically it was enevitable for him. I feel less bad about it now- and I wasn't broken up about him not there to begin with.

Final Choices:

Remove Lee's arm: No I went with the fact that it was "unknown" by these people that that had a possiblility of working. In spite of having seen the show, this not only happened previously, but to a different group in a different place. I figured there might be a chance to stop turning, but two arms were better to help find Clementine.

Lost Temper: Calmed the situation I tried to keep everyone focused on finding Clem. Arguing about finding another boat or not wasn't accomplishing anything constructive.

Gave up weapons: Yes I didn't know if he saw that big ass cleaver hanging out my pants, and wasn't going to risk literally bringing a knife to a gunfight to save Clem. I don't know why the radio counted as a weapon, and I had already dropped my gun.

Killed Clementine's captor: No, Clem did I *DID* time it right, and we still rolled around like a catfight. Clem tapped him Boondock Saints style.

Stopped Lee from turning: No I couldn't do that to Clem either. I wanted her to be strong, but not 100% cold. I did tell her to keep cutting her hair. It seemed like the most touching, personal response I gave in that whole last speech.

Also, with the walker guard, I had her reach for the gun. Lee told her "always go for the gun." It seemed a bit more personal to me, since that's why I rescued Carly over Doug to begin with... she had the gun.

Also:

Firstly, although they make it seem possible that the two figures are Christa and Omid... seems unlikely. My first question was "If Clem knew how to get back to the train, why the fuck is she walking through a wheat field?" It doesn't expressly say how much time has passed, and Clem may have been there already and not found them. I figured with intertwining cannon, it may have a possibility of being Andrea and Michonne between season 2 and 3 of the show. They may have been making a run for supplies or something, and as such, not had the two chained walkers with them. Seems "hopeful" that it's them, but likely it's just a setup point for getting a crew for the next game.

Secondly... how the hell did Clem's mother get all the way from Savannah? In my game, the one cannibal brother shot her in the face at the campsite (presumably before she could give too much information). She shouldn't have turned, let alone herded her way to exactly where we were going. I get it being a dramatic moment with Clem seeing them there and knowing they are now dead, but that seems an unpatched plothole due to my choices.

All in all, I loved this ride... but there are some things I wanted to know how the other path would play out in the same scenario. It'll be pretty hard to retrace the steps I took to begin with just to do/say three or four things differently. And apparently, that first choice has a HUGE bearing on the outcome of the entire landscape.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote