Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #758
Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris P Lettus View Post
I'm hearing she wants no part of a fight with Rousey and is refusing to drop down to 135.. It makes no sense for them to start a 145 division right now, which is what she wants.. I think she is ducking Ronda even if that is coming from Dana White..
I legitimately believe that she can't make 135 and was under the delusion that she would be enough of a draw for them to create a 145 pound division featuring her smashing a bunch of cans.

I don't think it's ducking Ronda either. In fact, I could see Santos beating Rousey via TKO because her stand up is vicious and Rousey's never really been hit. Plus, I believe Santos would have a strength advantage that Miesha Tate never really had.

The truth is that most of the talented female fighters are at 135 and 125. Coker fucked up because he created 145 to appease Carano, who hates cutting weight, and ended up stuck with Guyborg when Carano lost.