Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #728
Kris P Lettus
Listen to Killer Mike

Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Ariel Helwani

Quote:
This is my new friend Enrico, a 13-year-old who flew to Vegas from Sao Paulo with his dad because Jose Aldo is his favorite fighter. I've seen him a handful of times over the past couple days waiting for hours to meet Aldo in the hotel and get his autograph on that glove he's holding. I finally bumped into Aldo's manager an hour ago and asked if he could help him out. Amazingly, he just called Enrico's dad right then and there and set up a time for them to go to Aldo's room tomorrow before the fight. Incredible.

His love and dedication for his favorite fighter reminded me of when I used to wait for hours to catch a glimpse of my favorite athletes. And I kinda thought, as I seem to do with everything these days, what if that's my son in 13 years just dying for a chance to meet his hero? I sorta wish I could be there when he meets his hero. This is why I love sports, and in particular, this one. If you're in Vegas for 156, there's a good chance you'll see Enrico today or tomorrow. Say hello and quiz him on UFC trivia. He's encyclopedia of knowledge. Pretty amazing.

Thanks in advance, Jose. http://twitpic.com/c0761q