View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 08:07 PM   #771
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've heard that buzz about Sanada and possibly Ibushi if he signs exclusively with them. I don't think they'll be willing to slow down with Okada anytime soon. He's taking a break from the belt at the moment, but it's still his promotion.

Thanks for your reasoned response that doesn't just tear into me because I'm not on the dick right away. When they treat it like a real sport, New Japan tickles my jollies just fine. But I'm afraid of commiting to a product that is going to hurt me by shifting more and more towards that "American Crash" style (I like that descriptor).

Omega rubs me the wrong way, because I think he sounds like an idiot in interviews and his facials and promos are horrible. He's clearly crisp in the ring, but I just think his work is overall overrated. He'd make a fine addition to any roster, but there's this talk of him being the best wrestler in the world. He's a good enough worker that to the audience that watches wrestling he's endeared himself enough to warrant a run with the IWGP Heavyweight Title. I don't get the psychology of being "The Best Bout Machine." I think it's a great talking point for announcers when trying to hype a fight between two guys that push each other to their limits, but the psychology of a wrestling match should be to win as effectively as possible. I'd take his "Terminator" vibes over the BBM stuff any day, even though I don't think he fits the Terminator thing at all.

He's done really well in New Japan. He's helping them get back up there. They've been doing bigger gates at the Tokyo Dome. They're yet to sell it out, to my understanding, but I do hope they get there. Sincerely. I want the gap closed between WWE and New Japan, which is why I am considering supporting them financially even if I don't watch the product. The gaijin stars help with that. Giving Omega focus, bringing in Jericho, Mysterio, etc. certainly gives more casual viewers that hook. It's not an entirely unfamiliar world with guys whose names you can't pronounce -- it's some of the biggest stars wrestling has ever seen.

I do appreciate the effort Kelly puts in around his performances. I think he'd grow on me. There are just some awkward pauses and he needs to compromise for Callis. With a different partner, maybe he would be excellent. I wouldn't mind seeing him do it with Jim Ross, actually. Kelly can keep the facts straight and JR can bring the emotion to things and make sure that there is no dead air when Kelly is thinking about what to do next.

I'm actually surprised to hear it was Rocky Romero. I thought it was a Young Buck or someone. Thanks for that.

I'm worried that the New Japan love is a fad. Not to call everyone flippant or frivilous -- I know there are people who have followed it for a long time and will continue to regardless of what happens. I can just see something changing tone in WWE, or with another Japanese promotion, or domestically, that kind of leaves New Japan in a compromised position of "What have you done for me lately?" I wonder how much of its current goodwill comes from a "Not WWE" mentality? I know that helps me want to root for them. Gedo has also been booking for a while now, and while he's quite brilliant, I wouldn't want him to get burnt out or stuck in his own tropes either. I've already seen "Typical New Japan" comments in passing around places.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote