View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #4026
mitch_h

mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Never Let Me Go - Huge fan of the book so take my mini review with a grain of salt. I thought the third act was perfect, it managed to be both very moving and horribly depressing. But I don't think the sullenness was required for the whole film, I would have liked more levity during the Hailsham and even some of the cottage sequences. I also found the relationships a little thin, not just between the three leads but between Kathy and Hailsham, I was scratching my head as to why they left out certain scenes that would have helped flesh out these relationships, it seemed like the melancholy of story was a greater priority to Romanek. Reminded me of the Road in some ways, faithful to book, directed with vision but still came up somewhat short. Probably give it a 7/10

The Promise. The Making of Darkness on the Edge of Town - Damn, I like Springsteen but I did not know he had such a clear artistic vision. This was exceptional, very entertaining and even intimate as most of the documentary was old footage of the band recording in Bruce's farm house. Really enjoyed this. Saw this by myself and I felt like a bit of weirdo as 90% of the people at the screening were over 40.

Cave of Forgotten Dreams -The 3d was pretty hit or miss to me. It gave a nice depth to caves and it did feel like you were actually there, but it felt weird seeing 3D interviews and some of the handycam stuff gave me a headache. Even the exterior shots looked kinda weird to me, I dunno I just prefer watching films the "traditional" way I guess. The doc was good though, beautiful... even soothing at time and of course, full of hilarious Herzogian quirks. Wouldn't mind seeing it again in 2D.

Last edited by mitch_h; 09-19-2010 at 07:49 PM.
mitch_h is offline   Reply With Quote