View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 12:23 PM   #687
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe2222 View Post
I just don't think the EU is a standard to judge anything nor not sure why you would want a bunch of stories filmed that you already know what happens. That worked out terribly for the prequels because it takes the drama out of most situations.

In addition I think they are poor stories. To each their own. Happy New Year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
He wasn't saying that the EU had anything to do with the prequels he was just pointing out that people knew the outcome of episodes 1,2,&3 so it took something away from the films. He was saying if you just remake a EU story some people will know it and it would take away from the film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastway View Post
Yes REALLY.
I like 1-3,although I loath to admit it, but we knew that several things had to happen to get us to A New Hope and to some extent that took away from the impact of the films. Adapting the EU works to film works the same way. Yes the movies would be good but the journey we take would be different because we literally know how it ends.
My comprehension is fine. I think your memory is the problem. You, simple fan, and fastway, all specifically state up there that the nature of prequels hurts the film. How can that be interpretted any other way?
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote