View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 11:07 PM   #1012
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Pesos Inc.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Kenny Omega is only working the Toronto show on the May New Japan/ROH joint shows.
Quote:
Sonjay Dutt got a swollen eye in the X division title match last night during a dropkick spot where Low Ki dropkicked Trevor Lee and in landing, the knee accidentally caught Dutt in the eye.
Quote:
The FCC relaxed broadcast ownership rules yesterday that will pave the way for the deal for Sinclair Broadcasting to acquire Tribune Media. Sinclair owns 173 stations that this would add 40 more stations to Sinclair, including stations in New York, Chicago and Miami. Whether this would lead to New York and Chicago clearances for ROH, which would be significant, is unclear. The change in regulation is expected to lead to more consolidation in the TV industry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 4/20 edition of Impact on Pop brought in 320,000 viewers, up from last week's 302,000 viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Matt Sydal aka the former Evan Bourne is slated to return to Impact Wrestling at this week's tapings in Orlando, Florida.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The WWE Network has almost completed 1987 Prime Time Wrestling episodes and has begun uploading 1988.

The newest Beyond the Ring documentary on WWE Network, "Straight Outta Dudleyville :The Legacy of the Dudley Boyz " is now available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Maria Kanellis-Bennett and Mike Bennett joined Ryan Rider on Main Event Radio to talk about how they met and their time in Impact Wrestling.

Audio can be downloaded here: http://www.maineventradio.com/audio/MER-04-19-17.mp3

How they met:

Maria: It was actually at an independent wrestling show, Northeast Wrestling. I saw him across the room and he was wearing a Ring of Honor hat. I loved ROH at the time. So I went over to him, and this was my pick up line, 'hey so you work at Ring of Honor?' I wasn't actually trying to pick him up but I thought he was really cute.

Mike: She could've been like hey, nice face. And I'd be like yeah.

Maria: So we met there and ended up communicating through Twitter and that was our correspondence for a while.

Mike: I direct messaged her, I slid into her DM's. It was love at first sight for me.

Maria: Hey! That's gross. That's filthy. It was love at first sight for him, for me it was something. Might have taken a little bit. We were both dating other people so it couldn't be more than that. I knew after our first date, we went to Cheesecake Factory, then I knew for sure.

[Editor's note: We last interviewed Maria as she was getting photographed by Playboy in March 2008] Wanna know something funny? That wasn't a few years ago...that was nine years ago!! I'm very very ancient now. I love it on Instagram when people say I'm so old. Yeah, I'm 35 and I'm proud of all those years.

Mike: I think she gets better with age. She's like a fine wine.

Maria: It's crazy. You know I haven't been in the WWE for seven years. A lot has changed since then. I'm a married woman now. I've worked for every organization known to man. Ring of Honor, New Japan, TNA, worked for them all. It's been a good run. I took a break for one year after leaving WWE and I really thought I was done. Then I met this guy and he made it okay for me again. I was nervous; I've never been the greatest wrestler. I've always wanted to manage. And I am a real manager...I manage his bookings, rental cars, etc.

Leaving Impact:

Maria: It was wonderful there. We had a great time. We worked with the best talent in the world. They were fantastic and we really enjoyed ourselves. It was just time to go. We're excited to see where the road leads us next. Maybe the moon. Maybe I'll go back and be at manager at Jimmy John's.

Mike: It was time for a change. Leaving all the talent was the hardest part. We'll go somewhere; if not we'll be living on the street in a box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Eric Bischoff joined Main Event Radio to talk about inducting DDP into the WWE Hall of Fame, WCW's enduring legacy, and the women's wrestling revolution.

Audio can be downloaded here: http://www.maineventradio.com/audio/MER-04-19-17.mp3

Coming back to WWE for the Hall of Fame Ceremony: It was a lot of fun. You get to meet so many people who are behind the camera. They have such a hard-working loyal, professional and dedicated staff. I was probably just as excited to see people who work behind the scenes as those in front of the camera. The woman who handles travel who has been there for 31 years. The production team, they all know who they are and they're a great staff of people.

On inducting DDP: It was a blast. It was an emotional moment. I knew how much it would mean to him. Thus it meant a lot to me to be able to do it. I felt bad in a way. I was kind of conflicted because in Page's heart he wished and still does wish that Dusty Rhodes would've been able to do that. I felt like such a distant insignificant 2nd choice as a result. I also know that Page has a lot of respect for me and I do for him. I wish Dusty could've done it. Dusty was a mentor to Dallas in more ways than just getting in the ring. He had an influence on his entire life.

WCW's enduring legacy: People are finally figuring it out that at the end of the day that WCW created some of the best talent in the history of the world. It was a great run. WCW had its moment and that's what it was; it was a moment. And we created some great stories and changed the industry to a large degree. The fact that we are watching a live Monday Night Raw every week is due to Nitro. The fact that we are watching 205 Live and the cruiserweight division is because of what we did. There are so many things that we changed in the industry that we still enjoy today. Booker T, Diamond Dallas Page, myself, and even Bill Goldberg for crying out loud main eventing Wrestlemania. That is WCW's legacy. We are still here today. The nWo is still selling merchandise 20 years later. That's our legacy.

Women's wrestling revolution: I was sitting in the front row during Beth [Phoenix]'s speech. I had never met her before and she made me cry 3 times. She was so emotional and she was speaking from her heart. She really crystallized for me the growth we are seeing now in women's wrestling. To see her talk about what it means for her as a girl, as a woman to be able to aspire to reach the level that she did in WWE and to know that same emotion and desire exists in young girls all over the world. It's possible, yes you can do it, and when you do you can now achieve that level of success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former Impact Wrestling Tag Team champion Crazzy Steve posted a farewell message on social media late last night, so it would appear that he has departed the company:

Thank you to everyone @IMPACTWRESTLING #prowrestlinglove pic.twitter.com/3xnJKliIZH
— Crazzy Steve (@steveofcrazzy) April 21, 2017
Quote:
Charlie Haas, 45, who hasn’t been wrestling much in recent years, may have to retire as he was expected to undergo neck surgery this week. Haas was the champion of the Odessa, TX-based Old School Wrestling promotion. The promotion announced this at their 4/15 house show and it was described as possibly career-ending. Haas has had neck problems for many years. He was apparently dropped on his head in a match over the past few weeks, and had inflamed nerves and ended up with numbness in both arms. He had a procedure done on 4/13 but there hasn’t been any word about how he is doing afterwards past he’ll be out of action for a while.
Quote:
Ian Riccaboni signed a contract as the new ROH lead announcer. He’d been with the company for a few years and had been doing the Women of Honor shows on YouTube before Kevin Kelly took the full-time gig as New Japan announcer (Kelly still does big shows here when it doesn’t conflict with New Japan, but Riccaboni is the new lead announcer). Riccaboni is a huge baseball fan and even wrote a book about the 100 greatest players in the history of the Philadelphia Phillies franchise.
Quote:
A clarification on last week’s WWE lawsuit and BitTorrent. WWE isn’t suing BitTorrent, but suing people who distributed their content on BitTorrent. WWE used forensic software to identify IP addresses of the people who put their content up.
Quote:
Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com provided some more information on Mauro Ranallo’s falling out with WWE. It appears that the first issue with Mauro Ranallo was back when Ranallo did commentary with Jerry Lawler. Lawler had started calling Ranallo “M.R.” in the same fashion that Lawler would call Jim Ross “J.R.” However, Meltzer noted that it was likely an inside rib since the term “M.R.” was used as an offensive slur that stood for “mental retard” during the period that Vince McMahon and Lawler were growing up.

Meltzer also noted that Ranallo was told he could be himself on commentary at first, but as time went on, Vince Mcmahon wanted Ranallo to act more like Michael Cole. McMahon was said to be frustrated with Ranallo’s announcing style and Tom Phillips becoming the 4th member of the announcing team was the first public sign of it.

Because Ranallo was different, Meltzer described the situation in WWE as being like high school with Ranallo being seen as the “weird kid” and being made the butt of jokes. Apparently the hazing/ribbing towards Ranallo came from far more people than just JBL. With people having different interpretations of the situation, most feel that JBL has been made a scapegoat for the people that run the company and encourage the behavior such as Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn.

One wrestler told Meltzer, “He (Layfield) f***ed with lots of new guys simply because he could. I don’t know if JBL is tough, but all these guys were scared to stand up to him in fear of getting fired.”

As previously noted, WWE is in negotiations with Ranallo’s representatives about working out a settlement for the remainder of his contract.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 18th anniversary of Rick Rude's passing.
  • Fox Sports had a recent interview with Mojo Rawley talking about Mania, Zack Ryder, and Gronk. http://www.foxsports.com/wwe/gallery...k-ryder-042117
  • Update to recent JBL-Mauro bullying saga news as JBL's quest to block everyone on Twitter who supported Mauro and/or anti-bullying recently included an indie wrestling promotion hosting a charity stream for mental health funding. Supposedly JBL blocked WhatCulture, hosts of the stream, once he found out Mauro was supporting their event.
  • WWE Hall of Famer Beth Pheonix recently teased on Twitter she is currently in the process of writing a book with Edge as the co-writer.
  • Observer recently speculated the reason why Lana was given a dancer gimmick was due to WWE wanting a "hot diva" type character for marketing reasons. Want to offset the current focus on athletic skills since the Women's Revolution started. Since Eva Marie is set to leave and Emmalina was a bust, WWE just moved on to the next person for the gimmick which is Lana now.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote