View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #230
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
• I thought for a second yesterday that Owens would be traded and that the match with Jericho would still go ahead but whoever was the US Champion after the match would be on SmackDown but then I thought that the WWE would never do anything like that, so I counted Owens out for being on SmackDown.

How wrong was I.

Seeing Owens shaved and in a suit makes him look like someone's dad who always has a "hard day at the office". He really needs to change his hairstyle though, as a short back and sides with tiny gelled spikes on the top just screams "1999". If he's going to be this smartly dressed slow/calmly talking heel (just like Jericho in 2008) then a hairstyle change is needed.

• I almost cried when Zayn's music hit. With both Owens and Zayn on SmackDown, it means we're going to get Zayn vs Owens #3314 and beyond for the next year at least.

• The Tag Team Championship match was so good. I'd actually say it was the best match of the night.

Primo & Epico appearing was a real surprise. They were one of my "wild picks" for SmackDown. I really wanted them to go to SmackDown but I really felt like it would never happen.

With them attacking American Alpha in the way that they did, it fills me with some hope for the guys. I really want these guys to succeed on SmackDown and not just be the wasted talent they were on Raw.

• Another one of my "wild picks" was Jinder Mahal, so seeing him on SmackDown was another good moment for me. Just like Primo & Epico, I want Jinder to succeed on SmackDown but that all went down the drain with his match with Mojo.

I fail to see how Mojo is the good guy in all this or how it makes him look good when stacked up against Mahal.

In both meetings, Mojo has beaten Mahal but only with the help of some american football player. It actually makes me feel bad for Mahal that he's getting screwed out of wins because the referee won't DQ Mojo for outside interference.

• Nice swerve from Shane. I completely forgot about Tamina but it's good to see her back.

Charlotte was one change we all knew but I felt a bit bad for Tamina during it all. It was like she was some kind of afterthought and the "real news" was Charlotte.

• Sin Cara on SmackDown? Why?

Why not keep him on Raw for the Cruiserweight Division? He's just going to take the place of Kalisto on SmackDown and be the unused masked luchador that's missing out on the Cruiserweight Division.

• I was again, surprised that Rusev was traded. I thought he would have been but I changed my mind and counted him out due to him being out with an injury.

I think SmackDown is going to be great for Rusev.

• Before, Aiden English was a tag team jobber with a Vaudeville gimmick. Now, he's a singles jobber with a singing gimmick.

As for Mr. Perfect 2K17 Tye Dillinger, I want to like the guy, I really do, but this "TEN!" bullshit from the crowd is just so annoying and off-putting.

I get that the ten thing is his gimmick but when the crowd constantly yells "TEN!" at everything and even during the referee's count, it just quickly gets annoying.

It's like the new "WHAT!?" but the only difference is that "WHAT!?" took a good while to get annoying. "TEN!" is annoying from the get-go. It's up there with "DELETE!" and Enzo Amore.

• Whoa, Lana.

• When is Nakamura actually going to have a match?

• New Day going to Raw is another one we all knew was happening.

Seeing Saxton's reaction to the news just reminded me of how terrible he is and how we need Graves to be next to him to shoot him down when Saxton gets too "Saxton-like".

It also made me wonder what Graves is going to do now that Saxton is gone from Raw. Some of Graves' best stuff was his put-downs towards Saxton. I really can't see Otunga providing any opportunities for Graves to work his magic now on Raw.

• With AJ winning, it's pretty much obvious that Owens is retaining at Payback.

• Overall, SmackDown did get some goodies, but I think Raw came out on top which is not really surprising as it's Raw.

However, I really think SmackDown can continue on with the trend of being the superior show and making magic out of the lesser hand they've been dealt.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote