View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 10:17 AM   #216
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I dont give a lot of 9/10s and i next to never give 10/10s. But i think this is a 9/10 because it has such a strong cultural impact. I think 15 years from now the movie will be a part of a shift within not only the genre but he industry. There were a lot of achievements going into this and it all came together in a really satisfying picture.

I cant rave enough about the star power Gadot brings to the screen. She has a vulnerability that is endearing but manages to straddle the line amd have a strength that is incredible and hats off to Patty Jenkins for figuring out how to walk that line. Wondy could have easily come off as weak but she absolutely doesn't.

SPOILER: show
the plot itself was very strong. The defeat of ares was meaningless. And that was bold. Defeatkng the big bad truely meant nothing, it changed nothing.the day was saved but not the world. Thats a ballsy move for a summer blockbuster and makes a fabulous statement about the nsture of humanity all the while demonstrating Wondys heart and character. Amd the 3rd act reveal was well handled as well.

My only grips were that it stalled at the top of the 3rd act, the green screen matting was generally so poor that i was aware i was watching a film, that the film does nothing not only for the greater canon of the brand but even for the franchise and
SPOILER: show
and that they played pine as a love intrest. Im of the opinion that Wondy should have been sexless.at least for the first go. It would have made a better statement...in my opinion.
But these are small gripes for me. I really think this among the best of the genre.

It stands up with Winter Soldier which in my opinion is the best super hero film to date.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote