Thread: MST3K
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 11:40 PM   #29
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Jimmy View Post
So, is it just me or does no one else really completely dig the Joel episodes?
I love Joel. He has a very dry delivery and he is adorably awkward in the skits. I think Mike is a much more natural fit for the role but it cuts me up a bit reading how sour things turned before Joel ultimately moved on.
I think if you watch Mitchell and Final Justice consecutively you can really see the differences in their style given they are essentially riffing the same target. I hear Joe Don Baker was pissed about it too. Joel was staying in the same hotel as him once and hid because JDB had promised to kick his ass if he caught up with him.

I love the episodes where they riff movies with random famous people in them or their lesser known relatives. Joe Estevez and Sean Connery's brother spring to mind.
Anything with Robert Z'Dar is also a must watch.

Hobgoblins is the best bad film they riffed. The lengthy stick fighting scene had me in tears laughing.
Manos The Hands Of Fate and Monster A Go-Go are not as well riffed but are easily the most headscratchingly awful films they viewed.
I am also partial to the Chinese Planet Of The Apes rip off they did.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote