Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 05:17 PM   #956
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
NHL still doesn't want John Scott in the All-Star game. Went as far as to use his children into the mess by implying he'd be bringing shame and ridicule to them if he played.

Quote:
On Thursday -- just as players and media and league executives are touching down in Nashville for the All-Star Weekend -- Scott published his account of what happened throughout this whole mess. He revealed that the NHL tried to shame him out of the All-Star Game by using his kids as ammo. Here's Scott in his own words, writing for The Players' Tribune:
Quote:
But while I don’t deserve to be an All-Star, I also don’t think I deserve to be treated like I’ve been by the league throughout this saga. I’m an NHL player — and, whatever my set of skills may be, that I’m an NHL player is no accident.

But I’m one of them. And that means a lot to me.

It means a lot to my family.

So when someone from the NHL calls me and says, "Do you think this is something your kids would be proud of?"

… That’s when they lost me.

That was it, right there. That was the moment.

Because, while I may not deserve to be an NHL All-Star, I know I deserve to be the judge of what my kids will — and won’t — be proud of me for.
Also the GM for the Candiens implied it was the league that forced them to make a trade for the player.
Quote:
Marc Bergevin, GM of the Canadiens, comes out and says that he "can't really tell you why he had to make that trade," fueling those reports.
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2016/1/2...-thats-low-nhl