View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #23
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poit View Post
That is a long video. I'll finish watching it later. Some questions, though:

What is a SJW conference, and why is it bad?
Not bad per se. I explain some in my reply to RoXer above.

Quote:
Why did Quinn have a problem with the game jam?
She claims they were discriminate to trans-persons, which the runners of the game jam rejected. Some say Quinn just didn't like that they were focused on good games for good games sake rather than her ideals of games that push messages. Either case seems petty. I can link you closer looks to this particular situation if you wish in PMs. I fear I'm getting into DTTS levels of link bombing already.

Quote:
While I disagree with the Gamasutra article, it doesn't seem so bad that it deserves loss of advertising as a consequence. Why would you have that as a goal?
Intel specifically pulled their ads because of Gamasutra writer Leigh Alexander's hilariously toxic actions on Twitter.

Seriously she's hilarious. She calls for ending other writer's careers, made arguably racists comments, and desperately hates gamers. There are entire collages collecting her zaniest posts. On top of the article Gamasutra published, her actions were the nail in the coffin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon View Post
I think GameJam's issues were signaling out women for the show was showing that they aren't already integrally apart of the video game industry. Making a show about a glass ceiling that might not exist basically the show was creating one by the image it was sending.
I can vibe with that thought. The game jam was ran by quasi-feminist group "Fine Young Capitalists". 4chan and GG helped them complete the project, with the real point being gamers being misogynists just wasn't the case.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote