View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 03:13 AM   #69
Heyman
Father of Hinduship

Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED View Post
They really fucked it so badly with him in 2004. He'd been really coming into his own as a dastardly heel with a several month long feud with Foley that yielded his best performance to date in that brutal street fight at Backlash. I remember I, like probably everyone else, assuming Foley would be the one to go into the tacks since he was wearing a shirt. But then suddenly Orton took a bareback bump into them in only his ring gear and I jumped out of my chair.

I wasn't averse to him being the one to win the belt off of Benoit. But they really didn't need to shoot their load with Evolution turning on him the next night. Triple H could've played nice with him for a while, and gradually seethe that Orton is able to keep winning matches without help, something Triple H himself could never do. Then by the time Hunter finally turned on him it would've had a lot more impact.
I think with Orton, the WWE got too excited when the fans started cheering his heel character. They turned him way too soon in my opinion.

What they should have done, was have Orton kick Triple H out of Evolution the night after Summerslam.......and have Triple H be the one to turn face. Orton should have been the new leader of Evolution. At Wrestlemania, then you could play out the same scenario where face Batista defeats heel Orton.
Instead, the WWE got too excited with Orton's 'face-like' reactions instead of letting it simmer...............like they did with The Rock back in 1998/1999.

Orton's Team Legacy was also over as hell. If the WWE had allowed Orton to kick Stephanie in the head, and then have him go over Hunter at Mania that year, his heel heat and overness would have been unreal.

Perhaps the WWE took all of this into consideration, but simply felt that Orton wasn't ready to be the man due to his backstage immaturity.
Heyman is offline   Reply With Quote